Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christ-mass of presents

Posted by Katie:

P1010149
I love Christmas!

Christmas day started like any normal day.  I had woken up in the middle of the night and heard the sound of reindeer hoof beats on the deck of the boat over my head.  I also heard the jingling of bells.  In the morning I read for like half an hour, almost forgetting it was Christmas.  Then after I got bored of reading I decided to get this party started!

First I got Mom and Dad into the mood.   Then I wanted to check if Christopher and Alexander had gotten Kidnaped by Krumpus (Krumpus is a German mythical character with horns, a big fury body and a sack that he uses to kidnap bad kids.  He’s sort of like an anti Santa.)  So I got up took one look at the table and poof!  Presents were in an overflowing pile, our stockings were stuffed with presents and apples, one of the cookies were gone and the milk all drank!  The letter that I had written last night was on the counter and Santa had replied in a bright orange pen.

P1010123
Santa left us one cookie.

P1010125
And he answered my letter.

I ran down to my brothers cabins looked inside…
                                                    
Gasp!  I had kind of wished one of them was gone (remember Krumpus) but they were both in their beds –sigh.  But I quickly changed my mind about that because once we all got up we had a good old present opening party.  In our stockings we got one apple each and all a bunch of candy’s like Skittles, M&M’s, Milky Way’s, Snickers and in the very end of the sock were some Star Bursts that we would have never found if it wasn’t for Mom’s curiosity shaking all those socks.  Then we ate bacon and oatmeal it was Amazing! 

IMG_1592 (2)
Santa found our boat, and brought us lots of great stuff.

After playing with our new presents for a while we went over to the East Beach for our daily swim.  We had traditional Christmas dinner – turkey,stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, & peas (cause we had to have a green vegetableSick smile), followed by a roaring game of Dominoes which I had received for Christmas.

P1010133
Christmas swim on East Beach.
P1010146
Christmas dinner.  Plus peas.
P1010144
Christmas dominoes.







1 comment:

  1. What a crazy fantastic day! I'm so glad that Santa found you on the ocean.

    ReplyDelete