Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Kootenay Glacier Hike

Posted by Katie

Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Sitting at the breakfast table at Gray Creek
This morning I made pancakes for my mother and I .  They were delish!  Soon I will drive over to Deanshaven to pick up my brothers who have slept there with some of my cousins.  For some reason this morning I felt like lighting a candle so right now there is a blue candle in the middle of the table.




I’m finally getting a little excited about the boat at least we get to bring Lego.





My expanded family and I  hiked  up Kootney Glacire!  At the start I gave all my cousins and a friend jellybeans!  then we threw on our back packs on and set off, soon we came to a break spot where we took a seat on a balancing log.   We sat there as everyone passed out snacks of all sorts.  After we started to move on to a beautiful spot up on the mountain side  where there are lots of beautiful little streams and waterfalls as well as some very pretty flowers with  a little gray tuff on the end.   Me and one my cousins call them truffula trees.  Soon we came to our lunch spot, my cousin and I went swimming.  Then we started to hike on for a long, long…       long time eventually  we got there.

The next day we went up to Saphire lakes.  Once we got there we sat down to have some lunch in front of the most beautiful lake that I’ve ever seen!  the next sadly but surely we left ):.  Down the hill we went goodbye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment