Friday, April 11, 2014

The Wind of The Storm

Posted by Katie
P1030888
The storm was even scarier because it got darker!

It was a nice afternoon, the moon was up and the sun was down. It was about 7:00 p.m and I was playing with my friend in her R.V.  All of a sudden the R.V shook and a huge wind howled outside. My friend Beth and I decided that I should go back to my boat before the wind blew up.  I didn’t really want to go out in the wind but I new it wasn’t going to get any better in the R.V.  So I got out of the R.V. and made a mad dash for Monashee which was about 100 feet away.

P1030886
My friend's R.V.


As I ran I got more and more freaked out.  The wind pushed me the way I wanted to go but it still felt like It was trying to push me down.  Once I got to the boat Mom, Alexander, Christopher and our friend Brendon were trying to climb down the ladder to our boat.  After they got down we had to wait 10 minutes in the gusting wind.

P1030875
The ladder to the boat.


After the ten minutes, Mom said while this was going on we should do our teeth at the bathroom in the marina.  I thought it was a kind of weird  thing to do in a wind storm but the boys climbed the ladder back up to the boat and got our toothbrush’s and tooth paste, alive.  Once we had run all the way to the bathroom we were rewarded with warmth and no feel of wind inside the brick bathrooms.  We did our teeth and then we went to check on how the dingy was doing.  The dingy had been holding out pretty well but we had to fix it up a little bit.

P1030874
The dingy was rocked a lot by the wind and waves.

After all that I had gotten a little more comfortable okay a lot. Well…you decide how comfortable I was based on the fact that toward the end of the windstorm I played get on the pole and push other people off.

No comments:

Post a Comment